AFTER HAIR SMOOTHENING: How should I take care of my chemically smoothened hair?
You’ve made it through the most stressful part of hair straightening—the part where you’re sitting in a chair with your head wrapped in plastic. Now, how do you keep your hair looking healthy and beautiful? The answer is simple: take good care of it! Here are some tips for keeping your chemically-treated locks in tip top shape after they’ve been smoothed out by chemicals:
Use a shampoo that is formulated for chemically treated hair.
If you have chemically treated hair, it’s important to use a shampoo that is formulated for chemically treated hair. These shampoos are gentler on your scalp and less likely to strip your color or cause frizziness.
Avoid using any products that contain alcohol or sodium chloride, which can dry your hair and lead to breakage.
- Avoid using any products that contain alcohol or sodium chloride, which can dry your hair and lead to breakage.
- Use a sulfate free shampoo. Sulfates are detergents that remove dirt from hair by stripping away natural oils. They can be harsh on chemically-treated hair and cause dryness, resulting in breakage of the cuticle layer over time.
- Avoid sodium chloride (table salt). It’s drying for the scalp and makes it easy for you not to notice when you need to wash your hair more frequently than usual because it builds up quickly on your scalp! If you have naturally oily skin like me then using a moisturizing shampoo instead will work best since these tend not to strip away as much moisture from our scalps than others do.
Condition your hair often.
- Use a conditioner that is formulated for chemically-treated hair and follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Do not rinse out completely, leaving some of the conditioner in your hair to protect it from drying out and becoming frizzy again.
Use a leave in conditioner or moisturizer to keep your hair hydrated.
- Use a leave in conditioner or moisturizer. A leave-in conditioner can help to keep your hair hydrated, which is especially important after chemical straightening because it can make your hair feel dry and brittle if you don’t use the right product. If you’re trying to find an affordable option for this step, look for a moisturizer that is specially formulated for chemically treated hair–these products often contain natural oils and vitamins that help strengthen the strands of your hair. They also tend not to have alcohol or sodium chloride (which can strip away moisture), so they won’t cause further damage!
Your hair will be healthier if you care for it properly after smoothing it with chemicals
You should use a shampoo for chemically treated hair. This will help remove any leftover residue from the smoothing process and keep your hair healthy.
You should avoid using products that contain alcohol or sodium chloride. These ingredients can be drying to your hair, especially if you have color-treated locks.
Conditioning is also key when it comes to maintaining healthy-looking tresses after chemical processing has been done on them! You should condition at least once per week (more often if you like), preferably with a leave in conditioner or moisturizer designed specifically for chemically treated locks like yours
We hope this article has helped you better understand how to care for chemically smoothened hair. We know that the process can be overwhelming, but it’s important to remember that there are so many resources available to help you along the way! You can always reach out for advice from your stylist or other professionals who have experience with this type of treatment–and if all else fails: just remember that your hair will grow back eventually (even if it takes longer than usual).
Leave an answer